Please see the below announcements from Virgin Atlantic.
Virgin Atlantic is pleased to be assisting the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) in repatriating British Nationals from across the world. On behalf of the FCO, Virgin Atlantic will be operating repatriation flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Johannesburg and Cape Town to London Heathrow this week.
British travellers in Delhi and Mumbai seeking to get home should book on the sites publicised by the British High Commission, as there are no longer commercial flights available due to extensive travel restrictions. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) are advising British people travelling abroad to return to the UK now, and have announced the first charter flights to bring British nationals home.
Passengers can book their return flight on the sites publicised by the British High Commission, as there are no longer commercial flights available. The government will charge for these services.
It’s extremely important that passengers secure their place on a flight as soon as possible. Please use the below links in order to register for a return flight with the FCO:
If passengers are in India:
- Flights will depart Mumbai and Delhi on 9th April and 11th April.
- Register for a Delhi repatriation flight here
- Register for a Mumbai repatriation flight here
If passengers are in South Africa:
- Flights will depart Cape Town on 9th April and Johannesburg on 11th April.
- Register for a Cape Town repatriation flight here
- Register for a Johannesburg repatriation flight here
For further info, please visit the government website.