Skylord Travel are ATOL holders (ATOL No. 3550) this means that certain products bought from us are protected under the ATOL scheme. The ATOL scheme provides protection against financial failure of your flight or holiday booking supplier but is not required when an agent is authorised to and acts as an Airline Ticket Agent.
The below text has been copied from the Civil Aviation Authority website and should provide more information on what it means when we act as an Airline Ticket Agent.
Airline Ticket Agents are not required to hold ATOLs.
A person or business is acting as an Airline Ticket Agent providing that they are meeting all of the following conditions:
- They have been appointed by an airline as that airline’s agent to sell seats on that airline’s services
- They have entered into a written agreement entitling them to supply confirmed tickets for travel on the airline’s services which will enable the ticket holders to be carried in those services without the ticket holders being required to make any further payment*
- They act in full accordance with the written agreement
- They are dealing directly with the consumer, not with another agent or travel business
- They issue the confirmed ticket directly to the consumer in immediate exchange for the first payment accepted for the tickets either from the consumer or from another person (not another agent or travel business) paying on the consumer’s behalf
- They are not providing the ticket as part of a package
*International Air Transport Association (IATA) accredited agents are exempted from the written agreement condition provided that they have the airline’s ticketing authority and act in accordance with IATA rules.
The original text can be found here :-
To summarise when we, Skylord Travel, collect payment for a flight booking and issue your ticket(s) at the same time, ATOL protection is not required.
When we sell a holiday package or collect a deposit for a booking in which the ticket(s) will be issued at a later date then the booking will be protected under the ATOL scheme and you will receive an ATOL Certificate for your booking.
This is because we have been appointed by the airlines we work with to sell seats on their services, once the ticket(s) has been issued for your booking and you have your travel documents .
Should anything happen to Skylord Travel, you would still be able to travel as your ticket has been issued and your reservation has been confirmed with the airline.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask our reservations team us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.